Cheap Car Rental Terms and Charges
One reason that people hesitate to rent a car is because they do not understand the terms and charges outlined in the rental agreement. Since it is a legal document, it is important you know the types of charges that can accrue when you lease a vehicle. You can save money and have a better overall rental experience even with cheap car rental.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)This should not be confused with collision insurance. When you purchase this waiver, the rental company accepts financial responsibility for any damages to the car during your rental term. If you decline to pay for the waiver, you must pay for any damage. Keep in mind this covers the vehicle only. The company accepts no financial responsibility, with or without the waiver, for injuries or personal items in the car. The company can void the collision coverage if you were engaged in behavior that is illegal or unallowable under the terms of the waiver. Typical charges for this optional waiver range between $10 and $15 per day.
Personal Accidental Insurance (PAI)Rental companies may offer this insurance coverage to low-risk drivers. If you are involved in a car accident while driving the rental car, this coverage will pay for some of your medical expenses. A death benefit is also available. You can get this insurance for as little as $4 per day. There are car rental companies that offer it for as low as $1.50 per day but the coverage may not be on par with other policies.
Personal Effects Coverage (PEC)If you are concerned about your personal belongings such as luggage or laptop, you can purchase this coverage. It pays for the current value of your personal items for about $1.25 per day. You may already have policies that cover your items such as travelers or homeowner's insurance.
Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI)For further protection, this insurance will pay for injuries and car damage to third parties if you cause an accident while driving the rental car. If you already have liability insurance through your auto insurance agency, you may not need to purchase this policy. Contact your insurance agent to find out if your current policy extends to rental cars.
Additional ChargesYour rental agreement will outline additional charges you may be responsible for including a deposit when you pick up the car, mileage fees for driving the car, and a charge to refuel the car when you return it. If you plan to have a second driver or a driver who is under age, you will be assessed additional fees. Driving the car from one state to another is an added cost which can be quite expensive. And do not forget to consider taxes which are based on the state and city of the rental company. Make sure you have a full understanding of your cheap car rental liability and charges before signing the rental agreement. If you are involved in an accident or other situation involving the rental car, you want to be protected as much as possible. There may be overlap between rental company policies and your own auto or health insurance. Contact your insurance agents if you have questions about coverage or liability.
How to Choose a Cheap Car Rental Company
People rent cars for many reasons including while on vacation and to make an impression with a business client. Cheap car rental is often preferred but only if the service is superb. Selecting a rental car company that is affordable and has high quality services can be challenging. The following tips should be incorporated in your selection approach. see more
Tips for Finding Cheap Car Rental
The car rental industry is very competitive which is good for you. Many car rental companies offer specials and last minute deals to attract customers. You can easily get cheap car rental services. The best way to learn about possible discounts is to request online quotes from several car rental services in your area. You can quickly compare services and rates before making a final decision. If you have the time, it is a good idea to compare the daily rates offered by the rental companies. You can see which days of the week have lower rates. The middle of the week is when the lowest rates tend to be available. You can lock in your rates by making a reservation. Avoid weekend reservations if possible. Rental cars are in high demand on weekends and holidays so rates are highest at this time. You can search for e-coupons or other online discounts that may be available for specific car rental companies. Discounts are time limited but can help reduce your costs up to 25%. You can also receive "early bird" discounts when you book your reservation in advance. To receive these discounts, you may be required to reserve a car up to ten days ahead of your departure. Each car rental company has its own policies related to discounts.Articles
- Cheap car rental and claims of damage
- Cheap car rental by the hour is now the young's preferred transport
- Cheap car rental on a road trip with toddlers
- Cheap car rental to take you where you want to go
- Cheap car rental and avoiding power struggles over meals
- Cheap car rental and credit card auto rental insurance
- Cheap car rental and those unexpected fees
- Not cheap car rental but exotic car rental
- Keeping cheap car rental rates means delaying new purchases
- Finding Luxurious and Cheap Car Rentals Internationally
- Cheap Car Rentals vs. Public Transportation
- Cheap car rental and insurance scams
- Cheap car rental but only if you prebook
- Auto Class Types Rented by Cheap Car Rental Companies
- Benefits of getting cheap car rental online
- Cheap car rental and driving in Europe
- Cheap car rental at $6 a day? Don't believe it!
- The Hidden Costs of Cheap Car Rentals
- Cheap car rental and the big adventure
- Cheap Car Rental for What You Need
- Cheap Car Rental Insurance. Is it Worth It?
- Cheap Car Rental for Luxury Cars
- Plan A Road Trip With Cheap Car Rental
- Ways to Find Cheap Car Rental
- Cheap Car Rental for Leisure Travelers
- Cheap Car Rental Ideas
- Cheap car rental can hide additional fees and charges
- Cheap car rental and gas in the tank
- Cheap Car Rental on the Rise
- Cheap Car Rental Guidelines
- Tips for Cheap Car Rental
- Cheap Car Rental Money Saving Secrets
- Car Rental Conditions in Different Countries
- Largest Car Rental Agencies in World