Car Rental FAQs for Consumers
It is simple to rent a car if you have an understanding of the rental process. You need to provide basic information to the car rental service so they can reserve a car for you. Each rental service has specific eligibility requirements and rules you must follow to be a customer. The following information provides a basic summary of frequently asked questions (FAQs) to help you with cheap car rental.
Can Anyone Rent a Car?Not everyone is allowed to lease or drive a rental car. There are minimum age requirements. For most rental companies, that age is 25, although some companies allow drivers to be as young as 21 years old. The exact age is determined by the company or the state in which the company is located.
How Much Will I Be Charged?Several factors determine your rental rates including estimated mileage, risk of theft or damage to the car, and additional insurance purchased from the car rental company. If you plan to have a secondary driver, a surcharge will be included on your bill. You will be given a car with a full tank of gas and are expected to return the vehicle with a full tank of gas. If you do not, you will be charged an additional fee to replenish the gas tank. Discounts can help defray rental costs and are deducted from your total rental cost.
Can I Pay With Cash?While some companies accept cash payments, the majority require a credit card to reserve a car for you. You may be able to use your credit card for reservation and then pay with cash when you pick up the rental car. Be prepared to make a deposit of several hundred dollars if you plan to use cash. Cash customers may also be asked to allow a credit check or provide additional proof of identity.
What Does the Rental Service Require from Me?There is general information that all drivers must submit before a car will be rented to them. This includes a valid driver's license and proof of car insurance. Although many rental companies do not require the insurance, it is legally required in most areas so it is a good idea to have it handy. Rental companies may use your driver's license to verify your driving record. They can decline your request for a rental car if you are a high-risk driver. This is more likely to happen with smaller car rental services. Because their fleet is smaller, they have less disposal revenue to repair or replace damaged vehicles so they are more cautious about leasing their vehicles. The rental service will also want to know where you plan to drive the car. They are particularly interested in neighborhoods with high car theft rates or more car accidents. This information may be used to determine your rate. To learn more about cheap car rental services, you can request a copy of the rental company's policies.
How to Choose a Cheap Car Rental Company
People rent cars for many reasons including while on vacation and to make an impression with a business client. Cheap car rental is often preferred but only if the service is superb. Selecting a rental car company that is affordable and has high quality services can be challenging. The following tips should be incorporated in your selection approach. see more
Tips for Finding Cheap Car Rental
The car rental industry is very competitive which is good for you. Many car rental companies offer specials and last minute deals to attract customers. You can easily get cheap car rental services. The best way to learn about possible discounts is to request online quotes from several car rental services in your area. You can quickly compare services and rates before making a final decision. If you have the time, it is a good idea to compare the daily rates offered by the rental companies. You can see which days of the week have lower rates. The middle of the week is when the lowest rates tend to be available. You can lock in your rates by making a reservation. Avoid weekend reservations if possible. Rental cars are in high demand on weekends and holidays so rates are highest at this time. You can search for e-coupons or other online discounts that may be available for specific car rental companies. Discounts are time limited but can help reduce your costs up to 25%. You can also receive "early bird" discounts when you book your reservation in advance. To receive these discounts, you may be required to reserve a car up to ten days ahead of your departure. Each car rental company has its own policies related to discounts.Articles
- Cheap car rental and claims of damage
- Cheap car rental by the hour is now the young's preferred transport
- Cheap car rental on a road trip with toddlers
- Cheap car rental to take you where you want to go
- Cheap car rental and avoiding power struggles over meals
- Cheap car rental and credit card auto rental insurance
- Cheap car rental and those unexpected fees
- Not cheap car rental but exotic car rental
- Keeping cheap car rental rates means delaying new purchases
- Finding Luxurious and Cheap Car Rentals Internationally
- Cheap Car Rentals vs. Public Transportation
- Cheap car rental and insurance scams
- Cheap car rental but only if you prebook
- Auto Class Types Rented by Cheap Car Rental Companies
- Benefits of getting cheap car rental online
- Cheap car rental and driving in Europe
- Cheap car rental at $6 a day? Don't believe it!
- The Hidden Costs of Cheap Car Rentals
- Cheap car rental and the big adventure
- Cheap Car Rental for What You Need
- Cheap Car Rental Insurance. Is it Worth It?
- Cheap Car Rental for Luxury Cars
- Plan A Road Trip With Cheap Car Rental
- Ways to Find Cheap Car Rental
- Cheap Car Rental for Leisure Travelers
- Cheap Car Rental Ideas
- Cheap car rental can hide additional fees and charges
- Cheap car rental and gas in the tank
- Cheap Car Rental on the Rise
- Cheap Car Rental Guidelines
- Tips for Cheap Car Rental
- Cheap Car Rental Money Saving Secrets
- Car Rental Conditions in Different Countries
- Largest Car Rental Agencies in World