Car Rental Conditions in Different Countries
You may be familiar with renting a car if you travel on business in your country or just need a temporary replacement while yours is in the shop. But if you need to rent a car while in another country, there are general car rental conditions that can vary significantly by country. Even if you use an international car rental company, the conditions outlined in your rental agreement may include requirements specific to where you plan to drive the car.
Driving LimitationsRenters may be restricted on where they can drive a rental car depending on the country they are in. If you drive in restricted areas, not only do you face paying high fees, you risk voiding your insurance coverage. There may be limits on the number of miles you can drive or a maximum distance from the rental company you are permitted to drive the car. These may be strict limitations that are non-negotiable or they may be allowed as long as you are willing to pay additional fees. To enforce these conditions, rental companies rely on GPS technology which is installed in their rental cars. Some countries may actually require renters maintain a particular speed limit which they monitor through the GPS. There are countries that have no driving restrictions and allow unlimited mileage which is included in rates.
Driver RequirementsEvery country has established minimum driving ages which some car rental companies use for their driver requirements. However, it is not unusual for the rental age to be higher because of liability. The biggest difference in driver requirements that exists between countries is the driver's license. International rental companies will ask which country issued the driver's license. Many do not recognize licenses issued from other countries and require renters to secure an International Driving Permit. The Permit must be presented to the car rental company along with the driver's license.
InsuranceThe types and costs of insurance can vary greatly by country. In countries like the United States and Canada, it is up to the renter to purchase additional insurance when renting a car. Car rental companies in countries in the Middle East, Europe, Australasia, and even Europe typically include specific insurance in their rental rates. These insurances cover third party liability, theft, and the general Collision Damage Waiver (CDW). Excess insurance is common in these countries. It is a type of coverage that is similar to a deductible and is intended to dissuade renters from filing damage claims. This particular charge, while not widespread, has been introduced in the United States or Canada. But can be challenging to add these new insurance fees in the United States because insurance is often regulated by individual state laws. The more you know about international conditions when renting a vehicle in another country, the better chance you have of getting a cheap car rental. By fully understanding typical fees and charges you can decide where to cut costs and still have a positive car rental experience.
How to Choose a Cheap Car Rental Company
People rent cars for many reasons including while on vacation and to make an impression with a business client. Cheap car rental is often preferred but only if the service is superb. Selecting a rental car company that is affordable and has high quality services can be challenging. The following tips should be incorporated in your selection approach. see more
Tips for Finding Cheap Car Rental
The car rental industry is very competitive which is good for you. Many car rental companies offer specials and last minute deals to attract customers. You can easily get cheap car rental services. The best way to learn about possible discounts is to request online quotes from several car rental services in your area. You can quickly compare services and rates before making a final decision. If you have the time, it is a good idea to compare the daily rates offered by the rental companies. You can see which days of the week have lower rates. The middle of the week is when the lowest rates tend to be available. You can lock in your rates by making a reservation. Avoid weekend reservations if possible. Rental cars are in high demand on weekends and holidays so rates are highest at this time. You can search for e-coupons or other online discounts that may be available for specific car rental companies. Discounts are time limited but can help reduce your costs up to 25%. You can also receive "early bird" discounts when you book your reservation in advance. To receive these discounts, you may be required to reserve a car up to ten days ahead of your departure. Each car rental company has its own policies related to discounts.Articles
- Cheap car rental and claims of damage
- Cheap car rental by the hour is now the young's preferred transport
- Cheap car rental on a road trip with toddlers
- Cheap car rental to take you where you want to go
- Cheap car rental and avoiding power struggles over meals
- Cheap car rental and credit card auto rental insurance
- Cheap car rental and those unexpected fees
- Not cheap car rental but exotic car rental
- Keeping cheap car rental rates means delaying new purchases
- Finding Luxurious and Cheap Car Rentals Internationally
- Cheap Car Rentals vs. Public Transportation
- Cheap car rental and insurance scams
- Cheap car rental but only if you prebook
- Auto Class Types Rented by Cheap Car Rental Companies
- Benefits of getting cheap car rental online
- Cheap car rental and driving in Europe
- Cheap car rental at $6 a day? Don't believe it!
- The Hidden Costs of Cheap Car Rentals
- Cheap car rental and the big adventure
- Cheap Car Rental for What You Need
- Cheap Car Rental Insurance. Is it Worth It?
- Cheap Car Rental for Luxury Cars
- Plan A Road Trip With Cheap Car Rental
- Ways to Find Cheap Car Rental
- Cheap Car Rental for Leisure Travelers
- Cheap Car Rental Ideas
- Cheap car rental can hide additional fees and charges
- Cheap car rental and gas in the tank
- Cheap Car Rental on the Rise
- Cheap Car Rental Guidelines
- Tips for Cheap Car Rental
- Cheap Car Rental Money Saving Secrets
- Car Rental Conditions in Different Countries
- Largest Car Rental Agencies in World